- Academy Consultation
- SLS Letters Home available for download
- SLS Super News available for download!
- Education in Biggleswade Consultation
- HMS News available for download!
Biggleswade Academy is now beginning to work towards becoming a ‘Values School’. This means we want to explicitly and deliberately celebrate and develop the positive values we already promote in our pupils.
The purpose of values education is as follows:
- Reflection. To help the school community think about and reflect upon positive universal values and the practical implications of pupils expressing them in relation to themselves, others, the community and the world.
- Inspiration. To inspire individuals to choose their own positive personal, social, moral and spiritual values and be aware of ways of developing them as citizens of the world.
- Achievement. To promote and improve the school ethos, relationships, pupil behaviour, quality of work and general achievement.
Where schools actively engage in 'Values Education' it is well received by pupils, parents, staff and governors.
We need you!
In the first instance we just need to identify and make explicit our core values. This requires ideas from everybody involved in our school community - staff, pupils, parents and governors.
What are our core values and what should they be?
If you could encourage our pupils to
leave with one core value what would it be?