Second in Charge of Mathematics
Required September 2018
To support the Leader of Maths in ensuring outstanding progress and attainment across the Academy (Year 1 to Year 8)
Main responsibilities include:
- To help enthuse and inspire team members to use best practice learning and teaching methods.
- To assist with the creation, implementation and revision of outstanding curriculum outcomes for this area based on whole school priorities, current best practice, latest legislation and the needs of the pupils and wider community.
- To support the development and continued review of emotional and age appropriate schemes of work, resources, planning and teaching strategies to best meet this curriculum outcome area.
- To help disseminate the widespread use of a variety of engaging delivery methods which stimulate effective learning and progress for all pupils.
- To support the cross curricular skills relating to this area are embedded across our entire planned learning experience.
- To help develop and conduct staff training and coaching to model good practice and innovative ideas in the teaching/delivery of Maths.
- Use data provided to monitor progress of pupils and set and monitor targets for improvement as appropriate
- Ensure report information for parents is informative and accurate
- To further develop and embed the use of Maths Mastery across the Academy
Hours: Full Time
Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR 2a
Closing Date: 30th April 2018
Interviews w/c: 7th May 2018
For more details, to arrange a visit or to request a recruitment pack please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Biggleswade Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS (Disclosure Barring Service).