Co-opted Community Governor
Governorship is a voluntary, unpaid role for people who have the energy and desire to make a real contribution to shaping the future of our young people.
You don’t need to have any specialist knowledge of education.
The Academy Governance Committee consists of Parent Governors, Staff Governors and Community Governors to offer a balanced stakeholder representation. We are looking for a Community Governor who can work effectively in this team, contributing to the effectiveness of the Committee. As a Community Governor you will be adding to the value of school life and pupil welfare by offering your own personal expertise and experience to help shape the future of the pupils’ education.
Desirable skills include:
- Community spirited and would like to represent the community
- Good communication skills - with the ability to act as a ‘critical friend’ to the Senior Leadership Team
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to offer supportive challenge to help raise standards and monitor resources effectively
- Experience of Pupil Welfare/Safeguarding would be an advantage but not essential
- Helping to set and review the school’s strategic direction and agreeing targets for improvement
- Can consider matters objectively and make informed judgements
What does the role offer:
- A sense of achievement in helping make a difference to children reaching their potential
- Mentoring and training in relevant areas
- A chance to develop your own personal skills
- Access to a programme of free training in respect of education/governance matters
- The support and guidance from fellow governors
2 - 4 hours per month (on average) - the Academy Governance Committee currently meets monthly, usually in the evening.
Closing Date: 12 noon, Friday 20th July 2018
If you require any further information please call Karin Doyle on 01767 660515 x256